Through 6 vibrant semesters, the Bachelor’s programme in Mechanical, Materials and Aerospace Engineering will provide you with the following core competencies:
1 – Diagnosis of mechanical systems to identify their strong/weak points and propose improvements
- Knowledge of the conventions and rules in Mechanical Design; ability to read, understand and use technical documents.
- Contribution to the definition of experimental tests and analysis of measurement results.
- Identification of defects, failures, and analysis of their causes.
- Capability to compare and assess one mechanical system with respect to other similar systems.
2– Design and/or develop mechanical systems particularly in the aeronautical sector
- Capability to find technological solutions or ways to improve a technological solution from the literature.
- Know how to select materials for mechanical systems taking into account their functional constraints.
- Pre-design and design of mechanical systems.
- Know how to utilize common CAD software codes.
- Propose technological solutions and integrate manufacturing constraints.
- Knowledge of the main topics and technological challenges in the aeronautical sector.
3– Project work
- Participate effectively in technical individual and team projects.
- Define and follow technical specifications while considering financial constraints.
- Define project schedules with validation of intermediate phases.
- Contribute actively to teamwork.
- Produce technical documents.
- Present and defend a project (oral presentations and written reports).
4- Cooperate with colleagues from other Engineering specialties
- Know how to use the standard Mathematical Tools in Engineering.
- Acquire the fundamentals in Electrical Engineering.
- Know how to apply the fundamentals in Thermodynamics and Energetics.
- Ability to cooperate with multi-disciplinary teams and networks.
5 - Work in a multicultural environment and master French and English
- Ability to communicate in French and English in a professional context.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to cultural differences and adapt to various cultures.
- Gain awareness of the legal issues associated with international cooperation.
6– Develop a personal and professional project
- Establish a personal portfolio of professional experience and competencies.
- Define objectives and strategies for one’s career and personal evolutions.
- Position companies and organizations in a socio-economic context.
- Identify one’s position in a hierarchical and professional environment.
- Be aware of the main issues related to sustainable development, economic intelligence, and security, particularly in the aeronautical sector.