MATHEMATICS FOR ENGINEERING 1
ECTS Credits: 4
Mathematics in Engineering requires an understanding of the mathematical language, principles and techniques that are essential to the study of engineering.
This module helps students gain the mathematical knowledge required to understand and solve engineering problems.
- Basic trigonometry, differentiation and integration
- Introduction to multiple integration
- First and second order ordinary differential equations
- Elementary functions
- Proof (induction, recurrence relations, counter-example)
- Real numbers
- Limits, continuity and differentiability
- Differential calculus
- Taylor series
- Polynomials and partial fractions