MANUFACTURING ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY
ECTS credits: TBA
Provide theoretical knowledge of manufacturing engineering at the junior level in mechanical, industrial, and manufacturing engineering curricula.
Provide experiential learning activities of manufacturing engineering to acquire hands-on experience of specific manufacturing processes.
Students acquire fundamentals of manufacturing science and technology such as instrumentation, metrology, machining operations and machine tools, computer aided manufacturing (CAM), computer numerical control (CNC) and other technical skills.
They devolve and complete theoretical technical design skills such as mechanism design and analysis, technological functions, geometrical dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T), computer aided design (CAD) by experiential learning activities in support of specific manufacturing machines and equipment: turning machine, milling machine, coordinate measuring machine (CMM) and surface roughness measurement machine.
- Introduction to manufacturing engineering
- Cutting parameters
- Turning: operations related to turning, recommended tooling and insert shape
- Milling: types of milling operations, milling machines
- Drilling and related operations
- Engineering metrology and instrumentation
- Computer numerical control machining (CNC)